7.23.2012

Happy Apple Pie

     I made an apple pie recently. It made me smile- not just when I was eating it. No.

     It had a contagious smile before that. :)



     All I did was make the normal slits in the top of the pie but in the shape of a smiley face. :) It was a hit... It tasted delicious too! Hooray!


     I used the recipe at the end of one of my favorite picture books, How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World. Instead of making the suggested crust in the book, I used Pillsbury crust- the best!
~Madeline

P.S. Don't forget to cover the edges of the crust with foil for part of the baking time according to the crust box's directions, or they will end up very browned and crunchy like mine. :)

2 comments:

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline