8.06.2012

House Tour: Day 7- Tween/Guest Bedroom

     I know you are excited! I am too! Today we resume the house tour. (That is where you are supposed to say, "Woohooooooo! I am so excited!!!!!"...oh well...)

     This room is a tween boy's bedroom and doubles as a guest bedroom when we have the need. Keeping it simple is very important for a guest bedroom. As Martha Stewart says, "Space is comforting in an unfamiliar room." (Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook, pg. 292.)


Doesn't that bed say, "Come curl up and read in me"?


Favorite stuffed animals instead of throw pillows. Oh yeah!
Here we covered the box spring with a coordinating fitted sheet from Serena & Lily.


Don't you love the little model? It was originally intended for drawing, but it works as artsy decor too!
The leaning tower of BOOKS...(I am joking about the leaning. It stands very well.)
Atop the mountain of books, stands a souvenir figurine from Medieval Times.
Next to the shelf, sits a globe and LEGO catalog/magazine file.
Cowboy-themed pictures hang in a row over the bed.
     Opposite the bed is an empty wall (not shown) with possibilities...a desk, maybe? Yeah. With a gallery wall of the tween's favorite drawings...

Resources:
Bedding- Serena & Lily
Nightstand- Gifted
Lamp- Pottery Barn
Yoda Alarm Clock- Gifted, but I have seen them at Target; they have a Darth Vader alarm clock too!
Little Model Man- Michaels
Book Stand- The Container Store
Art- Canton :)

~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline