10.09.2012

Pop!

     Popcorn is a BIG deal in our house-- especially now that I don't have braces! A popcorn "kit," a fun and practical fall gift, treats the whole family to something delightful and--HEALTHY?

     Yes. Healthy. I said it. Maybe we don't make popcorn the way you do. I hereby reveal our:

HEALTHY POPCORN RECIPE (!!!!)
(See below for recipe)


Don't forget the cute packaging!
 
1 cup popping corn (Great Value)
4 TBL. coconut oil (Garden of Life)
1/2 tsp. popcorn salt (Popcorn salt has a finer grain. We use Reese "Special Popcorn Salt.")
 
     Pour oil and corn kernels into large (5 or 6 quart) pot. Heat on high. When the first kernel pops, begin sliding the pot back and forth (and back and forth and back and forth) on the stove. (This helps you get the most popped corn for your effort.) When popping slows significantly, dump popped corn into a large bowl. Salt to taste (about 1/2 of a tsp.) Enjoy!
 
~Madeline



3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try some!!!!
    Looks AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so yummy! I had some today! When you get your braces off, we will enjoy some together. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline