1.03.2013

Fantastic Must-Reads for 2013!


 
     What flows through every picture above? My love for reading, of course! My bedroom exhibits this passion more than once. As friends enter my room, I hope they find it expressive of who I am and what I love. Indeed, books have played an important role in my education, the developing of my imagination, and my spiritual growth in Christ.
 
     The books listed below are some of my favorites from the last 13 1/2 years. I recommend/beg you to read several or all of them this year. Without further delay, here are my fantastic must-reads for 2013!
  1. Crazy Love by Francis Chan (spiritually inspiring)
  2. Homer Price by Robert McCloskey (fun even for adults)
  3. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess (classic nonsense)
  4. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (I never knew a book could pull me in emotionally 'til I read this classic.)
  5. If I Perish by Esther Ahn Kim (the story of a persecuted believer from her point of view)
  6. The Library by Sarah Stewart (beautiful story with delightful ending...all about a bookworm)
  7. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (spiritual depth with witty presentation)
  8. Matilda by Roald Dahl (another story about a reader, by the author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
  9. One Fine Day by Nonny Hogrogian (all I will say is: you HAVE to read this picture book)
  10. Unshaken by Francine Rivers (a beautiful retelling of the story of Ruth)
  11. Stone Soup by Marcia Brown (hilarious picture book)
  12. Tales from Shakespeare by Charles and Mary Lamb (a retelling of 20 of Shakespeare's plays)
  13. The Perfectly Imperfect Home by Deborah Needleman (very informative on the subject of decorating)
     The only one that I have not read completely through is The Perfectly Imperfect Home as I received it on Christmas. I am almost halfway through it and loving the tips, tricks, information, and illustrations. I read a grand total of 62 new books in 2012. (New means I had never read them before.) I am hoping to beat that in 2013. I also highly recommend that you start The One Year Bible today. The format is so much easier than a reading plan or reading straight through the Bible. I liked it so much last year that I am doing it again in 2013.
 
~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline