2.05.2013

Week of Decorating: Adjust


     Even after you have collected a roomful of beautiful items that make you smile, you will be adjusting, adding, subtracting, and tweaking things. I love side-by-side before and afters like the ones I did of our desk hutch and my bedroom's bookshelves.

     So in the next couple days, adjust something. Maybe apply a coat of paint, organize, or buy a throw pillow. Maybe one of your decor items could be better utilized in a different room.

     Why is decorating important to me? First, I enjoy it, but the main reason is that it blesses others. Anyone is more comfortable in a well-decorated home. Your home should speak of your personality, joy, and life. Want more help or inspiration? Click here to check out my decorating book must-reads.

     Sad fact: decorating will never be finished. It is not something you can check off a list but a never-ending process. "Well, I have now decorated every room in the house. Now I can sit back and enjoy it." That won't happen. Styles change. Fashions fade. Furniture gets destroyed. That is why we should not fret over decorating but enjoy the process. :) Think about how many times the Good Bones Great Pieces team had to redo that entryway to "perfect" it!

     I hope you have learned or had a refresher course during the past seven days on decorating and its value. Happy weekend!

"If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward."
Thomas A. Edison, Encyclopedia Britannica

~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline