4.11.2013

A Weeklong Party: Bookworms Unite!

 
     As you can tell, I believe parties should reflect the birthday girl/boy's interests. My life-long and most passionate interest is books. Reading inspires, stretches, challenges, and encourages me. When I turned 11, I knew the time had arrived. Time for a bookworm party!
 
     This invitation is also from Oh Happy Day! (I know...we are awful copycats!) Searching for thrifted books turned into a long ordeal, and we settled with books about $2 or $3 each. Then we used an exacto knife to cut a hole in the book which probably is making all my book obsessive followers scream right now, but it is OK because I am reusing every single removed book page for card-making. After gluing the pages together with bookbinding glue, we inserted the adorable invitation, and voila!
 
     Plus, the books are used by kids as secret treasure chests after the party.
 
 


 
 
     The "dirt pudding" dessert, complete with gummy "book worms" was a hit at the party as well. We added mini pinwheels from Pier 1 for even more color. Notice I have two candles which appear to be an eleven when next to each other.
 
 
     This was a family party, so the games and activities were hanging out and enjoying ourselves! :)
 
~Madeline
 
P.S. This is my 100th post! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline