5.24.2013

Start Your Summer Reading!


     School lets out in a matter of days or weeks...or maybe you are already out!

     The heat outside is increasing until I can't bear to soak in it for more than an hour...

     The days are lengthening!

     Friends, the summer is speedily approaching!

     What will you be doing with all your extra time? (That is mainly a question for students, not our wonderful friends who work year 'round.) Summer reading, of course! I recently finished these books and HIGHLY recommend them to all ages, especially for girls.

The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White
The Perfectly Imperfect Home by Deborah Needleman
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
McElligot's Pool by Dr. Suess (Picture Book)
Hudson Taylor: Deep in the Heart of China by Janet and Geoff Benge
Generation Esther by Lisa Ryan
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
For Such a Time As This by Lisa Ryan
Gladys Aylward: The Adventure of a Lifetime by Janet and Geoff Benge
Graceful by Emily P. Freeman THIS IS A MUST READ FOR EVERY FEMALE (If you are over 21, read her book for grown women, Grace for the Good Girl.)
     Ready...

     Set...

     Read!

     I think this is also a wonderful time to mention that I just started typing one of my books to get it ready for publishing. It may take a month or ten years or a lifetime to finish this project, but it is in motion. :) I hope to be a published author before the end of high school!

     Beautiful writing comes to me very slowly.

~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline