8.20.2013

What's Up at My House This Summer {A Very Long Post About Some Super Projects!}

     So, I haven't posted as much as I would like to about my house because we have been in updating mode over the end of July and the whole month of August. We've done some major cleaning, decluttering, and a few basic hardware refreshes like the before and afters below.
 
 
     Our 15-year-old, broken porch light was beggin' for replacement!

 
     So much better!

 
     The ugly, antiquey (in the bad way), brass lamp by door showed signs of its age also, so...


     ...we easily replaced it!
 
 
     Before and after of our guest bathroom sink. (The before's handles are discolored and missing a piece.) The shiny, new one with an arch is so much better.


     Haven't bought this glamorous light for my room yet, but I love the thought of it more every day! It's $79.97 at the Home Depot.

source

     Inspired by the gold antlers in the above picture...

 
     ...and the gold scissors in this picture...
 
 
     ...and this quote, I spray-painted about ten things gold. The best of which follow:
 

     Scissors!

 
     An apple juice jar! (Who knew, right? It turned out well, but it smells more like spray paint than apple now.)

 
     Pin wheel!

 
     And the antler and clothes pins in the study!
 
     So...anywho...that's what I've been up to for the most part.
 
     Did you notice anything different about my desk shot?
 
 
     I bought this lovely little lady on Joss & Main. She just arrived in the mail today! I am so excited! Any name suggestions for her? I was thinking something along the lines of Juliet, Aurora, Esther, or Cleopatra, but my brother isn't crazy about those. Your thoughts?
 
     And please don't say Mary or Elizabeth or Chloe or Abby or Madison or anything too standard right now... It's not that I don't like those names, but I want something super special! ;)
 
~Madeline



6 comments:

  1. I love the quote. Applies to writing as well.

    As for the lady, she looks classic Victorian or Greek tragedy to me...Victorian: Amelia, Charlotte, Constance, Eleanor, Genevieve, Jessamine, Nettie, Phoebe, Philomena, Selina. Greek: Persephone, Ariadne, Athena, Hestia, Ioanna, Callista, Theodora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for the awesome suggestions!

      Delete
  2. Carissa has some GREAT suggestions. Your lady is very classic and pristine. My ideas are: Genevieve or Guineviere (can't figure out how to spell it but it has a hard "G" sound, not "J"). Also Persimone, Vivienne, Josephine, Camille, Aurelia, Ethel, Mercy, Ella, Beatrice, Victoria, Eunice, Eliza, Lucille.

    Can't wait to find out what you name her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina ;) Yvonne jessica julienne I also once went to a museum that had statues very much like her named simply virtue, wisdom, grace, or things like that :) - A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of virtue, wisdom, grace, etc! Very creative! Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline