9.28.2013

31 Days of Pure Joy: Prelude & Posts



     Here are the posts in my series, Pure Joy:

Day 1:: The Defining
Day 2:: The Finding
Day 3:: The Pinpointing
Day 4:: The Enjoying
Day 5:: The Serving
Day 6:: The Decorating
Day 7:: The Coloring
Day 8:: The Hoping
Day 9:: The Encouraging
Day 10:: The Thanksgiving
Day 11:: The Depending
Day 12:: The Journeying
Day 13:: The Challenging
Day 14:: The Bubbling
Day 15:: The Tasting
Day 16:: The Simplifying
Day 17:: The Showing
Day 18:: The Praising
Day 19:: The Freeing
Day 20:: The Suffering (Part One)
Day 21:: The Suffering (Part Two)
Day 22:: The Waiting
Day 23:: The Choosing
Day 24:: The Searching
Day 25:: The Restoring
Day 26:: The Following
Day 27:: The Radiating
Day 28:: The Transforming
Day 29:: The Loving
Day 30:: The Living
Day 31:: The Concluding
~

     Last year, I could have posted every day in October on one topic of my choice with a bunch of other bloggers who do it annually. I chose not to, however, for fear I should bore my readers and waste your precious time (and mine) on an unimportant topic. (If you want to know more or write your own 31 Days series, it's not too late. Click HERE for more info.)

     I will be writing every day in October (hopefully!) about my topic, Pure Joy. Ahhhh... the words are a breath of fresh air on this rainy day!

     I don't know what comes to your mind when you think about joy. I don't know if you are struggling with happiness/joy or don't know the distinct difference between the two. I don't know exactly what I will write when the first day of Pure Joy sneaks up on me. I don't know how God may use my words (and His) to encourage you.

     I will use songs, pictures, quotes, and maybe even a recipe or two to increase your knowledge on the topic of joy or simply remind you why life is worth living. In all my uncertainties about what next month's writings will hold, I know that I will do my best to present the truth with Biblical foundations.

     My prayer entering into this writing challenge is in the form of a song, Chris Tomlin's song "I Lay Me Down" on the cd Burning Lights.

With this heart open wide
From the depths from the heights
I will bring a sacrifice
With these hands lifted high
Hear my song, hear my cry
I will bring a sacrifice
I will bring a sacrifice

[Chorus:]
I lay me down I’m not my own
I belong to you alone
Lay me down, lay me down
Hand on my heart this much is true
There’s no life apart from you
Lay me down, lay me down
Lay me down, lay me down

Letting go of my pride
Giving up all my rights
Take this life and let it shine
Take this life and let it shine

[Chorus:]
I lay me down I’m not my own
I belong to you alone
Lay me down, lay me down
Hand on my heart this much is true
There’s no life apart from you
Lay me down, lay me down
Lay me down, lay me down

[Bridge:]
It will be my joy to say Your will Your way
It will be my joy to say Your will Your way
It will be my joy to say Your will Your way always
 
     Have a fantabulous weekend, friends!

~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline