9.17.2013

In Which I Find His Grace is Sufficient for Me


     Today is Tuesday (or Wednesday for my subscribers by e-mail). You have finished much of your week's work and much more lies ahead. Maybe you just struggled through a rough math lesson (me!) or went biking around the neighborhood to vent your anger at algebra (me!) or are staring at a blank screen deciding what you want the world to know (me!).

     Take a deeeeeeeeeeep breath. God gave you that breath in your lungs to glorify Him with each one. At the end of the day, instead of fretting over what went right or wrong, thank God for the early morning tasks, sunshine warming your face at noon, and the dishes to clean that remind you that you had food today. Thank God for the trials that strengthen your faith. His grace is sufficient for you.

     Which reminds me...

 
     How true! I also read this adage today: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." Certainly, that sounds as if we are doing it in our own strength (which is weak); however, we fortunately have the Rock on our side...the toughest Rock of rocks. He will accomplish His will through us if we let Him. How do we let Him?
  • By setting aside our own agenda for His.
  • By thanking Him.
  • By listening for His voice everywhere (other people, nature, His Word the B-I-B-L-E, in the still, quiet moments, and the crazy, going-gets-tough moments when you are tempted to panic) and obeying His voice.
  • By placing our every ounce of trust in Him because He is worthy.
  • By remembering "when the going gets tough" how much He faced to pay our debt on the cross. Think about it for a minute. He had every single sin of every person ever on His shoulders: Adam & Eve's sins, every Bible character's sins, Hitler's sins, every Christian's sins (we still mess up!), EVERY PERSON'S SINS EVER!
     You may have seen this before, but it's a jolting reminder. Every Bible character full of faith, godliness, and dependence on God had their flaws.
 
 
     Bottom line: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." ~2 Corinthians 12:9
 
 
~Madeline


1 comment:

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline