10.11.2013

31 Days of Pure Joy: Day 11~ The Depending

 
     You didn't realize it until now, but you depend on lots of things...
  1. Your heart, to thump rhythmically
  2. The chair, floor, bed, or table, whatever you are sitting or standing on, to not give way beneath you
  3. Your device, to load this e-mail or web page
  4. Your lungs, to fill with oxygen and expel carbon dioxide
  5. Your brain, to try to process my gargantuan vocabulary my words
     You depend on and have faith in so much. Behind it all is a God who keeps your body working, holds the chair (or table) together, and allows you to know and see and learn and process and feel and think and live fully.
 
     Faith \fāth\ n  1 a : belief and trust in and loyalty to God  b : complete confidence
 
     Those are the two definitions I am using.
 
     Pure joy comes with a daily dependence on God for all we need.
 
     I love this quote.
 
 
     In the midst of our busy lives, we often forget how reliable God is. I know I'm guilty of separating my life into what I can handle without God and what I need His help with. It's subconscious. It's saddening. It's surprising.
 
     Why can't I automatically trust God in every area of my life? I truly desire an unrelenting, faithful trust in God. I guess He is the faithful One, and we aren't.
 
     I don't know the answer, but I am striving to let go of my stuff, accolades, and routine to live step-by-step a life of spontaneity, a life of surprises, a life of faith. I want it because God wants it for me, and He is looking out for my interests too. I want to live a recklessly abandoned-to-God life despite the rut of routine, the pitfalls of uncertainty, and my weak, weak flesh.
 
     This won't be easy. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. We won't see God's hand in every trial, but we can depend on Him to make all things work together for our good (Roman 8:28).
 
     Do you want pure joy? Let God have His way in your life because there is something comforting about a billion stars held steady by a God who knows what He is doing.
 
~Madeline
 

To see all the posts in this series, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Needed to read to this one today. And it made me cry! What a great quote.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline