10.13.2013

31 Days of Pure Joy: Day 13~ The Challenging

     If you didn't read yesterday's post, you will not understand the second half of this story.
 
 
     It rained during the night. Rudely awakened, Rachel scurried for the trees to keep off some of the wet, but it was not wholly unavoidable. She awoke the next morning soaked through. Her one change of clothes was wet too.
 
 
    But then she saw it...the quadruple rainbow. She stood in awestruck wonder and then shouted aloud to the sky, "God, how did you do that? And why would you do that for me?"
 
     She remembered that the people in their cars were already at their destination "Happiness," but they had missed the glory of the rainbows and the suffering of being soaked through. Her few food provisions and camera were the only things of hers that had stayed dry. Thank you, plastic baggies!
 

     "It was worth it," Rachel whispered, but it wasn't over yet.

     Her food supply dwindled until there was none left, but her pack only seemed to get heavier.

 
     Spotting an old woman on the side of the road, she reached out, pack in hand.

     "There's no food in here, but you can have my change of clothes and first aid kit," she uttered hastily, so she would not have time to change her mind.

     All she had now was her camera, so she made the best use of it as she could.

 
     Rachel met a Man one year later after much working for food and walking far.
 
     "Sir, could you point me to the Heavenly City?" she asked.
 
     "Why of course, since I've pointed you this far," He returned mysteriously.
 
     "I don't understand. I just met you," she replied.
 
     "Rachel," He said, "I knew you before you were born, and every day of your life I worked all things together for your good."
 
     Rachel fell to the ground stunned.
 

 
     Rachel had found much joy on her journey, but the greatest joy came from knowing that every moment God was with her to provide for and protect her.
 
     She lived out her days in a tiny house with a massive garden near the place where she had met God face-to-face. Knowing that perfection would not come until heaven, she eagerly anticipated the Lord's return when she would again marvel at His glory.
 
 
     Note: I composed this story for my own enjoyment and specifically for 31 Days of Pure Joy.
 
"I have spoken to you with great frankness; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds." ~2 Corinthians 4:7
 

     I would also like to share with you today a devotional from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.
  Remember that Joy is not dependent on your circumstances. Some of the world's most miserable people are those whose circumstances seem most enviable. People who reach the top of the ladder career-wise are often surprised to find emptiness awaiting them. True Joy is a by-product of living in My Presence. Therefore you can experience it in palaces, in prisons...anywhere.
Do not judge a day as devoid of Joy just because it contains difficulties. Instead, concentrate on staying in communication with Me. Many of the problems that clamor for your attention will resolve themselves. Other matters you must deal with, but I will help you with them. If you make problem solving secondary to the goal of living close to Me, you can find Joy even in your most difficult days.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline