10.15.2013

31 Days of Pure Joy: Day 15~ The Tasting


     Woohoo! I am halfway through my 31 Days Challenge! Thank you for being such a constant source of encouragement to me.

     Pure Joy is not an easy topic, but God has helped me persevere and share my thoughts and His. I hope I am doing so in a way that honors Him.

~

     To fully experience something, we should have all of our senses involved. Since we want to live lives of pure joy, we should try to learn about joy through tasting, touching, seeing, smelling, and hearing the Lord's goodness to us.

     "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." ~Psalm 34:8

     Then we will be moved to thanksgiving and abundant joy!

     I love the way Robert Fenn puts it, "You can truly taste something only when you eat it. I can show you an apple and describe that it is beautiful, ripe, sweet, and soft. You can mentally form an image. However, you will never experience the taste until you eat it. The same way you can only taste God when you go through very trying circumstances and sufferings."

Taste verb
 
:  to become acquainted with by experience

     How can we experience God to the fullest, tasting and seeing His goodness?

     Truthfully, it varies for each one of us.

     This post is my method of reevaluating my strengths, weaknesses, and where I can find pure joy: 31 Days of Pure Joy: Day 3~ The Pinpointing.

     Teaching. Loving. Cooking. Trusting. Relaxing. Working. Schooling. Whatever we do, we can find joy in the process by looking forward to the end result: the growth of our faith.

     "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31

Remember:

source

     Let's work on finding pure joy in our everyday living, suffering, and doing. How do you plan to find joy in today?

~Madeline

To see all the posts in this series, click here.

     P.S. Last weekend, I made pages at the top of my blog. If you receive my posts by e-mail, you might not have figured that out yet. Please click over to these pages:
  1. Home (my blog)
  2. About (an intro to The Little Decorator)
  3. Subscribe (how to receive my posts by e-mail)
  4. Archives (a listing of all my past posts)
  5. Our House (a tour of our house with lots of pictures)

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn;)
    love this post! The apple idea is cool...
    Never thought about taste!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline