10.18.2013

31 Days of Pure Joy: Day 18~ The Praising

 
     Many references to joy in the Bible run like this: Shout for joy! or Sing for joy!

     There are dozens of examples, but one of my favorites is Leviticus 9:24:
 
"Fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown."
 
     It is not the most popular, but I like it. It shows the excitement of the Israelites at glimpsing the glory of the Lord. They are awed and reverently shout for joy and fall facedown. This should be our inward (and sometimes outward) response to God's jealous, powerful love for us.

source

     And here is one with jumping/leaping for joy and praising Him with song:

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him."
~Psalm 28:7
 
     I often picture leaping as the action of joy.
 
     Psalm 33:1 also encourages us to praise Him with song:
 
"Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him."
 
     I love how Psalm 66:1 puts it without any fluff, simply:
 
"Shout for joy to God, all the earth!"
 
     When we are truly joyful, it might include some shouting! No inside voices here! The pure joy that God brings us is exhilarating! Don't keep quiet! Proclaim His goodness! Praise Him!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline