10.19.2013

31 Days of Pure Joy: Day 19~ The Freeing

Birds freely drifting where they choose above my house

     Free yourself...

Plant detail with faded tennis shoe

     ...from expectations...

     ...from working to please everyone else...

     ...from being an anal perfectionist over things that really don't matter...

source

     ...from the trap of dreaming or fretting too much about the future...

     ...from pride...

Crepe myrtle tree blossoms

     ...free yourself!

     Remind yourself not to get caught up in perfection, future happiness, or worry. That would be leaning on our own understanding, our own strength, and our own achievements.
 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
~Proverbs 3:5-6

     Instead, be quiet and know that He is God. Focus on all you have to be thankful for today. Do less, be more. For,

[God] turned my wailing into dancing;
    [He] removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy!
~Psalm 30:11
 
     Live through your day in the peace of God's presence, the pure joy of the Lord, because the joy of the Lord is our strength!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline