10.25.2013

31 Days of Pure Joy: Day 25~ The Restoring

 
 
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
~Psalm 51:12
 
     My five-year-old cousin had just placed his faith and trust in Jesus. It was so exhilarating since we'd been praying for him since he was in the womb.

     The next morning, he told his two-year-old brother that he trusted in Jesus. He told his friends at school that he trusted Jesus. He was excited! He was (in church-y terms) "on fire for the Lord."

     Do we have this same "joy of God's salvation" that my midget of a cousin has? Children are renowned as bundles of pure joy. How can we have this excitement restored to us in full?

     Ask God. Then put your new joy into action. Share joy with a smile, bunch of flowers, hug, service (my personal favorite: doing the dishes), an encouraging note, or just spending time listening to someone who needs a gentle, loving ear.


     How will you put your joy into action today? Comment sharing the details of your day that put a smile on someone else's face and your own too. Joy is contagious!

~Madeline

To see all the posts in this series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline