10.09.2013

31 Days of Pure Joy: Day 9~ The Encouraging



A beautiful sunrise, which reminds me of all the lovely Amazon sunsets
     First of all, I would like to thank you all for bringing ME pure joy with your words of affirmation, sweet comments, votes on my poll, and faithful reading. It makes me want to write more when I know that someone else might view my work and be uplifted in some teensy way. You have been putting the Scripture below into action!

A person finds joy in giving an apt reply
    and how good is a timely word!
~Proverbs 15:23
 
     A few people believe I am gifted in the area of encouragement. I have one area I am working on though, and it might sound silly.
 
     With every effort I can make, I am attempting to cut the word "weird" from my vocabulary. I realized recently that I use it excessively. It's weird, I know. ;)
 
     "But, Madeline," you say, "weird is not a bad word. Why are you so intent on cutting it out?"
 
     Why I don't want to use the word weird:
  1. It hurts. If I remarked, "You're weird," every time you did something unusual, you would be offended because it is not very encouraging. Right?
  2. Weird shouldn't be a word we use for humans. Weird implies that there is a norm, but there are no so-called "normal" people. We are all created differently, with our own likes, talents, abilities, family, and personality.
  3. There are so many other words in the English language! You might be thinking, "What if something really is weird?" Use another word then! (See below.)
 
 
 
 
 
     Strange, clever, profound, out of the ordinary, eclectic, and a-person-who-dares-to-be-who-God-made-them-to-be. Not weird.
 
     Now this probably is not a struggle for you, but it is for me. How can you be more encouraging to those around you? What words and services will bring them and you lasting happiness, the pure joy of the Lord?
 
     Please share in the comments. Also, do you know of any other words I can use in place of "weird?"
 
~Madeline
 
P.S. By the way, I have a three-way tie right now on my poll (on the left sidebar of my blog). If you haven't voted yet, would you, please? Thank you for bringing me pure joy! (If you have already voted, it won't let you vote again, so thanks, but you've done all you can.)
 


4 comments:

  1. LOVE. You help me laugh out loud & I dig the art & word combos. Priceless. Much better than weird! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ridiculous, ridonkulous, interesting,
    Odd some, ur pal
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Madeline - I am really enjoying your blog posts and 31 days of joy!! Thanks for making me smile each day! Mrs. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. obscure, strange, different but i like your POSITIVE words better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline