1.14.2014

What I Read in 2013


     I love reading, and recently I tallied up my first-time reads for 2013. I read a grand total of 45 new (to me) books.

     If you remember, in 2012 I read 62 books. See my favorites here.

     I had wanted to beat that record, but I didn't. Below are the 45 books that I read in 2013:


The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White
The Perfectly Imperfect Home by Deborah Needleman
The Babysitter's Handbook by Harriet Brown
A Young Woman's Walk with God by Elizabeth George
Linnea in Monet's Garden by Christina Bjork and Lena Anderson
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Looking at Lincoln by Maira Kalman
The Art of God by Ric Ergenbright
A Smart Girl's Guide to Manners by Nancy Holyoke
The Lady Who Put Salt in Her Coffee by Lucretia Hale (adapted by Amy Schwartz)
The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories by Dr. Suess
The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins by Dr. Suess
Bartholomew and the Oobleck by Dr. Suess
McElligot's Pool by Dr. Suess
God's Girl by Rachael Lee
Like Gold Refined by Janette Oke
New Horizons by Lois Gladys Leppard
Hudson Taylor: Deep in the Heart of China by Janet and Geoff Benge
Generation Esther by Lisa Ryan
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
For Such a Time As This by Lisa Ryan
Gladys Aylward: The Adventure of a Lifetime by Janet and Geoff Benge
Graceful: Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life by Emily P. Freeman
If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat by John Ortberg
The Giraffe That Walked to Paris by Nancy Milton
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #11- The Clue of the Broken Locket by Carolyn Keene
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
Warriors: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter
The Old Woman Who Named Things by Cynthia Rylant
Annie Sullivan and the Trials of Helen Keller by Joseph Lambert
Burt Dow Deep-Water Man by Robert McCloskey
Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling
The Tempest by William Shakespeare
The Epic of Gilgamesh: A Poetic Version by Robert W. Watson
Ten Girls Who Made a Difference by Irene Howat
Ten Girls Who Made History by Irene Howat
Packing Light by Allison Vesterfelt
The Cat of Bubastes by G.A. Henty
Love Does by Bob Goff
The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
A Million Little Ways by Emily P. Freeman
I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris
Pearls of Great Price by Joni Eareckson Tada
The One Year Bible (Living) by God

     My favorite books are in bold, so you can spot them and buy them ASAP. What was your favorite book you read last year? What are you planning to read this year? Do you want to borrow any of these from me? (I do not own them all, but I should have about half.)

~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline