4.07.2014

Typewriters Are So Romantic (An Obsession!)


     I love this photo.

     For the jewelry and mug, yes; but mainly for the typewriter.

     The first time I clicked away on a typewriter years ago, I was enthralled. There was magic underneath my finger tips. Slowly, I tapped out verbiage with the black ink and the square-like letters.

     A beautiful, working typewriter for typing stories is the dreamiest thing I can think of, other than a hammock swaying in a gentle summer breeze.

     Fancy, gaudy jewelry is just the icing on the cake. Or cupcake. Yeah. I like cupcakes better.


     I know I am a writer, and I don't need a typewriter to help me claim my identity. A bright yellow one would be my obsession!

~Madeline

P.S. Want to read about my other obsessions?

My Bunny Rabbit Obsession
My Statement Necklace Obsession
My 37 Favorite-est Things Right Now

2 comments:

  1. I wrote my first long stories on a typewriter. I even took classes on typewriting. Man, am I old :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want a typewriter now!!! A bright yellow typewriter would be so cool!!
    Goofy:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline