5.09.2014

Slinkies Smell Funny and Other Random Thoughts


     I'm sorry.

     It's a fact. Slinkies smell funny! If you don't believe me, sniff the next Slinky you see.

     It's Random Thoughts FRIDAY!

     That means it's time to party, to write, to sing, to dance, to prepare myself for the week ahead of me.

     Here are my randomest thoughts. Enjoy!

     My favorite quotes:

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
"When I get to China, I will have no claim on any one for anything. My claim will be alone in God and I must learn before I leave England to move men through God by prayer alone." - J. Hudson Taylor
“If God has called you to China or any other place and you are sure in your own heart, let nothing deter you….Remember, it is God who has called you and it is the same as when He
called Moses or Samuel.” - Gladys Aylward

"My heart is full of praise that one so insignificant, uneducated, and ordinary in every way could be used to His glory for the blessing of His people in poor persecuted China." - Gladys Aylward
"Oh Lord, I thank Thee that I can bring these people Thy Word. But Lord, there are other villages back in the jungle where no white man has gone. They need Jesus, too. Help me reach them!" - Mary Slessor

"When you think of the woman's power, you forget the power of the woman's God. I shall go on." - Mary Slessor

"A girl needs to be so lost in God that a guy must seek Him to find her." - Dannah Gresh
     All are foreign missionaries except for the last.

     Now for my writing:

Slinkies Smell Funny- What does the silver bouncy toy smell like? Not like perfume or chewing gum or paint. Not like dust bunnies or wood or pizza. Not like skunks or brownies or cinnamon. They smell like...well...they smell like nothing you've ever smelled before. They smell manufactured. They smell strongly, but what do they smell strongly of? Take another whiff before you decide. Hmm...unlike anything at all. And so the conclusion of the matter is that this unique toy smells like a Slinky. Now if only there were words to describe the funny thoughts that come to mind when you sniff a Slinky.

Ooky Feeling- What is an ooky? What is a feeling? Put the two together and you should have a simple definition. But it isn't that easy, is it? An ooky feeling is when your stomach somersaults. An ooky feeling is when you need your smelling salts. An ooky feeling is when you have an achy head. An ooky feeling is when you need to go to bed. An ooky feeling is when you think about giant spiders or green slime. An ooky feeling is when you watch a mime. An ooky feeling is when you don't want to do something, but you know you must. An ooky feeling is when they betray your trust. An ooky feeling is when your feet are cold. An ooky feeling is when you must be bold. An ooky feeling is when you get dizzy. An ooky feeling is when your soda-filled stomach feels a bit fizzy. Do you have an ooky feeling now? That's the only definition I can think of.

~Madeline

P.S. Dude! I am obsessed with this top picture. So wacky! Perfect for a Random Thoughts Friday! It makes me think...and think...and think...some really bizarre thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Love the Random Thoughts Friday!! This on is so wacky and awesome!!!
    I love your blog!! Thanks!!
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random person you know :oFriday, May 09, 2014

    Thanks for the Awesome quotes and definitions of "ooky feeling" and "slinky smell"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Such an accomplished blogger! I am impressed!!!! :P ~ your mate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline