8.21.2014

31 Days: 500 Words a Day


     Inspired by Jeff Goins, I am challenging myself to write 500 words a day (starting today) for the next 31 days. I know it's the middle of the month, but I'm going for it!

     Writing is a challenge because when we fail to get in the habit of it, we do it a lot less, and therefore aren't as good at it. I know that when I have not been writing for awhile, my creativity isn't flowing as well.

     It's very interesting that I should stumble upon this idea of writing 500 words a day for 31 days because at the beginning of 2014, one of my ten new year's goals was to "develop the habit of writing for five minutes daily." I've definitely been developing that habit, even if I'm not always consistent.

     So what about you?

     If you have any interest in joining me for these 31 days, whether you are writing a book or blog posts or journal entries, I'd love to hear form you in the comments or in my inbox.

     I know lots of you out there would love to get some words on the page.

     And do this math.

     31x500=15,500 words!

     You could practically write a book in a month. Granted, not a Moby Dick or Gone with the Wind, but hey! you'd have a great start!

     Who's with me?

~Madeline

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool! Send me some of your new stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a day late, sister, but I'm in! Signing off to write Arkansas-style....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline