8.18.2014

The Introverted Extrovert


     "I'm an introvert."

     Everyone seems to say that nowadays. The truth is most people are more 50-50.

     Introverts could be defined as people who get energy from being alone, and extroverts could be defined as people who get energy from others.

     When people ask me, I use a new term that I'm 100% in love with:

     "I'm an introverted extrovert."

     "That's not a thing," most respond bluntly cutting off my stroke of genius.

     Oh yes it is! I know because that is what I am!

     I love interacting with people. I am very good at it. And I have lots of friends to chat with and words to get out.

     But I love to be alone to. I think everyone does to some extent.

     At family reunions (where my 50+ cousins are playing games, talking, and goofing off CON-STANT-LY) I find myself in tears after a few hours if I don't get a chance to debrief my thoughts by myself.

     I think more than I speak. Some would say that makes me an introvert.

     I think many of us might reject the label of extrovert because we've had bad experiences with talkative people. Or vice versa: We would reject the label of introvert because we want to talk SOMETIMES.

     Join the movement. If you're an introverted extrovert like me, oh PLEASE let me know I am not the only one. Comment below, or if you are viewing this in email, click over to the blog.

~Madeline

1 comment:

  1. You *know* you're not alone! Love it. Let's talk about that groovy text next time. I need a refresher!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline