9.17.2014

Don't Ask God for Patience or Humility

Image

     It's hot here.

     And when I say "here," I don't just mean down here in Texas. I mean here in my house. I've been asking God to teach me patience and humility (despite a good friend's warning, I knew I wanted to grow). And God is not slow to act.

     Our air conditioner went out yesterday. One warm night under fans, a few grumbles, and lots of sweat later, we're having someone come out to fix it.

     Neither patience nor humility are easily learned. So don't ask God for patience or humility unless you're serious about Him working great things in your life. But those great things come from pain and suffering. Trials and tribulations. Hard work and not a little sweat.

     You'll live, but you'll never be the same.

~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline