12.18.2014

When You Alone Celebrate


     I set up this display in my bedroom today because it is my half birthday. I put it on the calendar weeks ago, and now it is here. The books displayed say Happy Birthday to You! (Dr. Seuss) and Madeline (Ludwig Bemelmans), so together they wish me a happy birthday.

     I'm wearing a yellow dress, because yellow is my favorite. I gave myself a Happy Birthday napkin at breakfast. Patrick added a "1/2" to it with a Sharpie. :)

     Sometimes you just need to take some time and celebrate yourself.


     Yes. I am still going to do school, and I'm not expecting gifts. But I can give a gift to myself. I can celebrate.
 
Happy half birthday to me!
Happy half birthday to me!
Happy half birthday, dear Madeline!
Happy half birthday to me!
 
~Madeline
 
 
 
 
 
P.S. For those of you just DYING to know, I am fifteen and a half. :)

1 comment:

  1. "I'm just DYING to know how old you are, but mother says it is very impolite to ask right out..."
    -Jo, Little Woman

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline