1.08.2015

5 Tips for Reading A Ton of Books in 2015

 
     My goal for 2015 is to read 50 books. To be specific, this is what I am working on:



      I have already read three books this year, motivated by this very list. I read a book set in a different country (The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho), a book based on a true story (Kingdom's Edge by Chuck Black), and a book by an author I've never read before (Spoken For by Robin Jones Gunn and Alyssa Joy Bethke).

     Here are my tips for reading a ton of books in 2015:
  1. Skim the boring parts (especially if you're reading Moby Dick). The classics especially can go super deep into the details that you don't really need to know. Don't worry about missing anything important because if it is truly important, it will be clear and repeated.
  2. If it's boring, chunk it out the window. You can't read it fast if you dread picking it up.
  3. Stop at an exciting part. You'll be more likely to pick it up again if you're at the height of the action.
  4. Even better, don't stop at all. Especially if it is less than 500 pages, try to read it in a day.
  5. If you can't do that, read in all your little windows of time. Use those times that you usually get on your phone or computer. In fact, silence your phone, so it's not a distraction.
  6. BONUS: Go read. Right now. Peace out!
     I hope these tips and the book list inspire you to go get a beautiful piece of literature and read read read!

~Madeline

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nifty tips, Madeline! I also find myself adopting the same techniques you mentioned when I am on a reading marathon. I'm glad you posted this! Keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline