2.19.2015

I'm Doing Something I've Never Done Before

     Must. read. all the books!!!!!!!!!!!

     Those were my thoughts as I closed Pride and Prejudice for the second time. I've also read Northanger Abbey and loved it even more than P & P. I've watched two movie versions each of Emma, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility. I've watched one version of Northanger Abbey and one version of Persuasion. Mansfield Park is the only one that's a complete stranger to me, except that I know the heroine's name: Fanny Price.

     You could say I'm in my first "phase" ever. I never went through the horse phase, or the superhero phase, or the girly-girl phase, the Lord of the Rings phase, or the "what-I-want-to-be-when-I-grow-up" phase.

     I just didn't really do phases as a kid. Sure, I had a favorite animal and color as a kid...(blue and panda bear). And I have a favorite animal and color now...(yellow and bunny).

     But I was never obsessive. About anything.


     Until now. I've come to a glorious state of wanting to watch the movies and read the actual Austen books (and several spin-offs) which have captured my fancy.

     This is going to flow into my writing as naturally as it has my Pinterest boards, Goodreads shelves, and conversations. So, as my first JA post...(insert triumphant fanfare)...

6 Ways to Live Like a Jane Austen Heroine
 
     Coming to an email inbox near you on 2.20.15. (That's tomorrow!) If you're not signed up for my emails, you can do that here: //Subscribe//
 
     Did you go through phases as a kid? Why am I just now loving one thing so much?
 
~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline