2.24.2015

Snow Means Slow

 
     The roads are icy. The windowpanes are frosty. The rooftops are powdery.

     Even though I don't get school off, I am glad we've gone through the storm. Because it makes us slow. We slow down from rushing everywhere. We take the day off.

     Because winter is rustling her white leaves. She's shaking her head in laughter. And we take the moment to make cookies and hot cocoa.


     And then, with a drip-drip-drip, spring steps up to warm us with her smiling face.

     But may we never forget the slow. The ice is dangerous, so we stay inside. We sleep in. And the slow is a blessing beyond compare.

     May your drip-drip-drip and defrosting be as slow and meaningful as your frigid cold.

~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline