3.17.2015

Green, St. Patrick's Day, Sickness, and Wicked!


     I have the urge to write.

     It all started this morning, after math, when I picked up The Hiding Place for school. Corrie was very sick in both assigned chapters. "Thank you, Lord, that I am not sick."

     And then, for Bible, I read about how God uses illnesses for our good. When someone has cancer, a prayer revolution can start. They used the verse, "When he heard this, Jesus said, 'This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.'"

     And I thought to myself: true! Sometimes He heals, sometimes He takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord, right? Of course, right!

     I thought back to a couple years ago, when I used to get sick (just stomach bugs and colds) a lot more, and how I'd found I was closer to God during those times.

     Well, whoop-dee-do! Two subjects to go, and I get warm. Then cold. Then warm. My head hurts. Oh, bother, I have to go take my temperature.

     99.

     After school and half a movie, I was at 101.4.

     God has such a sense of humor! And I LOVE him for it. I mean, this is the greatest romance in history, and he is stroking my brow with a cool cloth (metaphorically and spiritually, of course.)

     I can't really remember the last time I was sick like this, but every illness comes for a reason. And because of this one, glorious things are going to happen.

     "I need an extension cord!" I said five minutes ago. But don't worry, my computer cord stretched to the couch. And because of that, I'm sitting here. Typing this. For you. For me.

     But most importantly, for Him.

~Madeline

     P.S. I planned to write something sweet about St. Patrick's Day and how I'm 1/4 Irish and how it's being a good sport to wear green. But instead, I'm talking about green as in sick! But at least it makes me feel like Idina Menzel. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are sick Madeline! I was sick with fever and the flu all last week so I know it's not a lot of fun. But you are right - the Lord has a reason for everything that we go through and for that I'm very thankful! I love your blogs :-) ~Mrs. Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. Jan! I'm feeling much better today!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline