4.25.2015

6 Ways to Live Like Adaline Bowman


     I saw The Age of Adaline (PG-13) the day it came out. (That would be yesterday!)

     I know most of you probably haven't gotten the chance to laugh and cry at the movie theater over this lady, but you should!

     She reminded me a little bit of myself, except ten times more educated, sophisticated, and all-round BOSS! She's flawed, but cheeky and clever.


     Here are six way to live like the one, the only Adaline Bowman:

1. Learn a new language (or Braille!). Adaline knows Portuguese and a dozen other languages. She even starts learning Braille! What?!?! I know, right? She sees everything as a learning opportunity.

2. Work at a library. Adaline has the COOLEST day job ever! She's surrounded by books. (Bonus: Read a lot, but that kind of comes with the territory of working with books, doesn't it?)

3. Don't chase guys. Let them chase you. This is one of my favorite things about her. She's not desperate for a guy, so when she catches HIS eye, he ends up chasing her (literally!) and it's so cute! You can tell he really likes her, but she drives off without worrying about giving him her number or anything. If you are single and can be that neutral about guys, it comes off as confident and sophisticated.


4. Wear cute clothes everyday. She has mastered the skill of always looking put together, whether it's 1930 or 2014!

5. Deduce like Sherlock. Adaline knows what's up. When she sees this one person, she deduces he is a painter by the paint on his hands. She knows his parents are wealthy because of the wristwatch he is wearing. Combining those, she knows he has wealthy relations but works hard instead of living off of their money.

6. Live a long time. With proper diet and exercise, you might not live as long as Adaline, but you'll be off to a good start.

     There are some behaviors of Adaline we should NOT copy as well. She is not the perfect heroine: She runs from her fears. She has an immoral relationship with a man. She also changes her name every ten years. A little excessive.

     So, be like Adaline's good traits, but learn from her mistakes.

~Madeline

7 comments:

  1. I loved this movie! I know this post was a while ago but i just had the time to sit down and watch this movie and it was so BEAUTIFUL and amazing! I loved it! I really love your post! got a quick question what would you say some of the year her clothes are? I mean i know she has a 1930s style but what else because i am in love with old fashion and am always going to thrift stores to find their clothes so what other years would you say her clothes are? Thanks!! ~Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am in love with the movie and her fashion sense. She's the kind of sophisticated, well-rounded woman I strive to be.

      I'm afraid I don't have exact dates for her various styles. But after a little Googling, I found this: http://professionalfangirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/all.jpg

      Let me know if it's helpful! :)

      Delete
    2. Ikr! the movie was just so amazing! Thanks! the link helped! :) I just love her closet

      Delete
  2. Great tips! I'm glad that you enjoyed the movie, but know that not every part of it was admirable. (like me) I really did enjoy it. (Her name is Adaline, not Adeline. Sorry. I just had to correct that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madeline and Adaline, are you guys twins? Hehe... Anyway, I loved the movie and I love your tips. I certainly will try them all. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline