8.21.2015

10 Ways to Organize Your Bookshelves


     You have a lot of books. And I mean A LOT of books. I’m writing this assuming most of you have some sort of shelves or closet space for all the books you’ve accumulated from bookstores, friends, and Goodwill.

Here are 10 ways to organize all those books.


1. Alphabetically by title: Adventures of Tom Sawyer (by Mark Twain), Black Beauty (by Anna Sewell), and then Cress (by Marissa Meyer). This way, even if you can’t remember the author’s name, you can find the book quickly (so you can loan it to your best friend of course!) This is how my books are currently organized although I’ve tried most of the below.

2. Alphabetically by author’s last name: This is how books are usually organized in bookstores and the fiction section of libraries. From Jane Austen to Mark Zusak, you’ll take comfort in knowing that pretty much anyone can figure out your system.

3. By genre: This way all your poetry is together. All your science-fiction books are together. The only problem with this is that it can get messy. If your new favorite book is a young adult, sci-fi, romance mystery, you’re going to have a hard time finding the perfect home for it using this system.

     Today I had the privilege of guest posting over on Kristin Belter's blog, Simply Bookish Things. You can read the rest of it here: Read on!

     Thank you for this opportunity, Kristin!

~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline