12.02.2015

A Novel Idea

     It's December 1st, and if you haven't started playing Christmas music, you probably will soon.

     The big question every year seems to be what to give others. Ideally, something personal, original, and mostly free. I currently have about $0 to spend on Christmas gifts. I spent it on Pine Cove, books, and more books.

     So, the question remains: Will I have anything to give my family? (This idea will make you face-palm. It's been staring you in the face.)


     Here's a novel idea. Write. Give people a story. If you love to write like I do or have just one story tucked up your sleeve, it might just be a brilliant, personal, and inexpensive (free, really) gift for family members.

     Now, I know that October was Write 31 Days, and November was National Novel Writing Month. You're probably thinking that you don't have a drop of creativity left (because we all know creativity is liquid). But I believe you writers still have a little umph to put into a gift.

     Breakdown of this gift idea:
  • Cost: Free, unless you want to print it off and wrap it up prettily
  • Time: However long you want to spend on it
  • Best for: Family members or people who like to read
  • Originality: 10/10
  • Personal? Yes!
     Whether you write a short story, essay, anecdote, or a full-blown novel, I think this is a flawless idea for those of us who have talent in areas besides crafting.

     Stories live in our hearts long after the papers are recycled. They're the gifts that keep on giving.

     Are you going to try this for certain people this year? Let me know by commenting below.

~Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline