12.15.2015

December 15th, 2015


     It's still fall here. The leaves line the curb down the street, and bare trees wave their spindly arms in the wind.

     December 15th always feels like a landmark in time somehow. The last month of the year is halfway over. We only have about two weeks left in 2015, and Christmas is ten days away.

     2016 is upon us.

     I love new years, don't you? And I don't mean the holiday. I mean the newness of the year. The knowledge that anything could happen in 365 days is simultaneously thrilling and terrifying. We don't know what 2016 holds, but we know Who holds 2016.

     I've had a wonderful 2015. My word for the year was "relationship." Of course, I didn't pick it out until about May, but that was definitely a good word for the year. Relationship after relationship came in or out of focus. I made new friends at Bible Study Fellowship, community college, and church. Some of my former enemies became friends, and old friendships were revitalized.

     Even tomorrow, I'll be catching up with old friends.

     I'm having a feeling we'll talk about books, personalities, and the future, my three favorite topics of late. If I can connect with someone on just one of those topics, we can talk for hours. If they can talk about all three, I've definitely made a friend.

     Something feels just right about December 15th. There's something whole and beautiful in it.

     The newness is coming, and the Savior is coming, and on December 15th, anticipation fills the air. Anticipation and hope.

     Hope for the future. Hope for the now. Hope that last forever.

     That little word "hope" is my mantra for 2016. I will still hold relationships in priority, but I will be discovering a new thing: hope. All I know about hope now is that it is eternal when we put it in Christ.

     But I have so much more to discover about hope. And I'll write about it right here. Fasten your seatbelts.

     2016 is on its way.

~Madeline

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and your writing, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline