1.25.2016

This Quiet, Holy Space of Grace


     Inside, all is quiet. All the rush of this world and my personal world blur, with only one thing steady: my Lord.

     My happy place is currently anywhere there are words to be read but no words to listen to or to speak. This is the quiet depths of my covers before I turn out my light at night. This is the library, the bookstore--the one where no one asks you if you need help. This is the hush of the outdoors as I read the tree line.

     The most freeing space is the one where I can sit with no pressure to do or be or speak. I can simply rest in all the Lord wants to give me. I can think upon His Words as they come like honey to my lips. But they stop there, in the unspoken, in the quiet, in the holy.

     Maybe it's when I'm worn out and have nothing left to give that the stillness captivates me the most. It wraps me up like the arms of a fuzzy blanket. I have all I need, and I desire nothing more.

~Madeline

2 comments:

  1. Hello Madeline. I am so glad to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post and was able to go through it. You show so much grace in your writing at this age of 16 which is an encouragement for those who have advanced in their age like me. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you because of your life in the LORD JESUS CHRIST. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and love to get connected with the people of God around the world to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come if the Lord leads you along with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered New year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Pastor Diwakar. I'll actually be participating in a mission trip to Brazil this year with my local church. I'm sure I'll end up in India someday. God bless!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline