1.18.2016

What I Read in 2015 ~ A Definitive Guide


     Me: "So, do you have any blog post suggestions?"

     Them: "Well, I really like whenever you write about books. I'd love it if you gave book recommendations."

     Me: *grins* "So be it!"

     By far, the most common topic people suggest I write about on TLD is books. As I adore reading and writing, writing about books should be no difficult task. Books have been one of my favorite things for as long as I can remember, and thinking, talking, and writing about books comes as naturally to me as breathing.

     Luckily, Goodreads creates a handy page for members that is essentially a snapshot of their year in books. When you hover over any book on the page, it will tell you what I rated the book. Basically, if a book has four or five stars, I totally recommend it. Therefore, I give you my year in books: My 2015 in Books. Click over to see it.

 
     The Fast Facts
 
63 books ~ 20,160 pages
Shortest book: Animal Farm by George Orwell
Longest book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Average length: 325 pages
 
     Be sure to check out this page that shows all the books I read. It's a pretty cool thing to have all their covers on the same page. It shows the phases I went through (and the subjects I was studying in school.)
 
     I discovered two awesome series...
 
The Selection series by Kiera Cass ~ The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
 
     I read a bunch of classics...
 
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens ~ Little Women by Louisa May Alcott ~ Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery ~ Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte ~ To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee ~ Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell ~ Great Expectations by Charles Dickens ~ Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
 
     I also am in went through a Jane Austen phase...
 
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen ~ Emma by Jane Austen ~ Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange ~ Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James ~ Longbourn by Jo Baker
 
     (You can read about my past Jane Austen phase here. Ok. What's the use? I still adore her work!)
 
     I read some fantastic non-fiction too...
 
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom ~ The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst ~ The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo ~ Writing Magic by Gail Carson Levine ~ Praying Upside Down by Kelly O'Dell Stanley ~ Simply Tuesday by Emily P. Freeman ~ The Dating Manifesto by Lisa Anderson ~ Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill
 
     There are a bunch of other books on the Goodreads page, so I'll link to it just one more time.
 
 
     And remember, I don't necessarily recommend ANY of these books. Check the Goodreads page to see how many stars I gave it.
 
Five stars ~ IT CHANGED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!
Four stars ~ I loved it!
Three stars ~ I liked it.
Two stars ~ Meh.
One star ~ *chunks book across the room* This book doesn't deserve to exist.
 
     So, on that note, happy reading!
 
~Madeline
 
P.S. What bookish posts would you like to see in the future? Reviews? Favorites? Series?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline