5.31.2016

Prom Pictures As Promised!


     Why, hello there, last day of May! It was the last day of April, a month ago, that I went to a dazzling night of food, friends, and dancing:

PROM!

     Dallas has a huge Texas Christian Homeschool Prom, and this year the theme was Paris! (Which is perfect because I just started learning French.)

     But let's back up. This prom is open to all high schoolers, but this was my first time to go, a very un-Madeline-like thing to do. So an explanation is needed. My freshman year I didn't care, and my sophomore year I was too scared. There, I said it. Moving on...

     I did have so much fun, which was everyone's question afterwards. One of my favorite parts was being a supermodel and getting such good-quality pictures!



Taken on an iPhone, but I love this one!



The Hair-spiration:

The Shoes:


The Dancing Shoes:

The Clutch:


     After pictures, we (me, my friend, and her sister) said au revior to our parents and pranced into the ballroom long, long line of people. After an hour or so, we made it to here:


     Yay for awkward, forced photos! LOL, but really--did I need to meet Napoleon Bonaparte? It was certainly not on my bucket list.

     But then, we were free to explore and do things like:

Take a picture with the Phantom and Christine

Visit the Pont des Arts Bridge

AND MEET BELLE!

*Me fangirling*

And yes, of course I asked her what she was reading. Wouldn't you have?

And then this happened!

     I had to keep reminding myself she was just an actress, like I am on stage all the time. Get it together, Madeline!

     Most of our time was actually spend eating and dancing in the ballroom:




     The room was massive! There were over 1,700 people there. At one point, everyone was jumping so much that those giant chandeliers started swaying. It was an awesome and youthful and happy time. (And the music selection was stellar!)


     And of course, we took lots of selfies, because we're teenage girls enjoying a night out!





     But my favorite party of the night was "adopting" a very lonely girl into our circle. Her friends were ignoring her, and my heart hurt for her so bad. God had me at table 39 that night for a reason: to make sure she had a good time. I didn't know her, but He did, and it never hurts to make a new friend or include others.


     I got home at 2 am, exhausted and happy. It was a night to remember! (Before and after prom--Before, I am convinced I am a model. After, I am exhausted and my makeup is wearing off, but I am super happy.)


     And I got a new profile pic out of it! :)

~Madeline

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts of all time. You are such a beautiful person inside and out and these pictures are just an example of your outward beauty. But the most beautiful part of this entire post is 'But my favorite party of the night was "adopting" a very lonely girl into our circle. Her friends were ignoring her, and my heart hurt for her so bad. God had me at table 39 that night for a reason: to make sure she had a good time. I didn't know her, but He did, and it never hurts to make a new friend or include others." and it brought a tear to my eye. That right there...that's the most beautiful part of Madeline O that I know and I'm so blessed to know you!!! Thanks for sharing this night with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you, sweet friend!

      In celebration of His beauty,
      Madeline

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for making my day brighter with your encouraging words. I cherish each and every comment. If you check back in a day or two, I should have responded to your note. Thanks for dropping me a line!

~Madeline