Skip to main content

New Eyes and Extra Colors


“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
—Terry Pratchett

     I did it. In 42 days, I will graduate with my Bachelor of Arts in English Writing with a psychology minor. I have been in college for just three school years. Thanks to dual credit classes, I am graduating early. I cannot even imagine a fourth year of college at this point. I am ready to be out.

     In those years and months since I went off for my freshman year, I have written 20 blog posts. Honestly, that is way more than I originally expected to write during the busy college years and more than I thought I'd be totaling up today at the end of my undergraduate career.

     The aesthetic and methods of blogging embedded in my being have stayed with me throughout college as I have learned even more about writing and editing by running Mississippi College's writing center blog. If you want to check that out, I wrote some of these posts and edited others: MC Writing Center blog. This project taught me so much about capturing the values and concepts of another organization and adapting my writing style for those purposes.


     During my three years in college, I learned about myself and grew as a writer, an artist, a tutor, an editor, and a leader.

     I come back to be more fully present in the blogosphere as one seeing with new eyes and extra colors. You may see me differently too, and I am aware that not all change is what we expect. I will lose some followers with this post, and I will gain others.

     For now, if you simply need a light-hearted laugh at something outside of yourself, here is my latest YouTube video: My Coronavirus Capsule Wardrobe.


     Why do you go away? So that you can come back. I'm back, friends. Nice to see you again.

~Madeline

Comments

  1. Lovely friend, I am so proud of you! (Graduation, we're coming for ya!) Much love <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I cherish each and every comment and usually respond within a day or two. ~Madeline

You May Also Like...

Pride & Prejudice and Beauty and the Beast: 10 Wild Similarities You Never Noticed

How Old Are You?

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation