Skip to main content

Simply Crafty: Bookmarks

     It is quite possible that somewhere, say in a book or crevice behind a bookcase, you have a bookmark made by me. If not, ask and I'll show you my extensive collection of handmade treasures.

     I love making my bookmarks colorful, simple, and beautiful.

     Clean lines and a variety of textures.

     Old book pages and a brilliant butterfly.

     Polka dots and a sketch of a cake.

     I never know exactly how it is going to turn out until it's finished.

     My favorite supplies (for bookmarks and cards):
  1. Martha Stewart punches (I have a heart, butterfly, and scalloped circle)
  2. A wide variety of papers (old book pages, patterns and solids, thick and thin)
  3. Double-sided tape
  4. Fiskars paper cutter
  5. Zig-zag scissors
     I love how quickly I can pull out the supplies and get lost in a wild blizzard of creativity. It's one of the few times I feel creative.


~Madeline

Comments

  1. I love these - I think I need one of your bookmarks! :-)
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I cherish each and every comment and usually respond within a day or two. ~Madeline

You May Also Like...

How Old Are You?

Pride & Prejudice and Beauty and the Beast: 10 Wild Similarities You Never Noticed

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation