A wise friend once told me, "Don't wait for the perfect moment. Take the moment and make it perfect."
It's wonderful advice, especially when you want to chicken out of something you should do.
Like when you want to
- start eating healthy.
- work out.
- organize your closet.
- buy a new couch.
- get out of debt.
Do you want to know how I've applied this in my life?
- led a summer Bible study for girls two or three grades below me for three years.
- gone on two mission trips to the Amazon.
- redecorated my bedroom.
- gone three months without sugar (in 2012).
- started a blog (the one you are reading now) at age 13.
- had people over, even in our tiny duplex.
- push my quiet time to last on my to-do list.
- waste valuable time.
- avoid confrontations.
- think too much about the future sometimes (because dreamer is part of my personality).
You know why?
Because there never will be perfect circumstances unless you let now be the perfect time.
Now is the perfect time to chase your dreams.