Skip to main content

How Not to Accept You're Singing the Wrong Lyrics


     I wish I could call this post "How to Gracefully Accept You're Singing the Wrong Lyrics," but that's not my strongpoint. :)

     The other day I was singing this song by Casting Crowns, Thrive:

Just to know You and
To make You known
We lift Your name on High
Shine like the sun make darkness run and hide
We know we were made for so much more
Than ordinary lives
It's time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive

     Except I thought we were made to fly! Seriously, wouldn't that be so much more inspiring? I mean, thriving rhymes with surviving (like my dear mother pointed out), but I was singing the wrong words.

     I wish the lyrics said "We were made to fly" because that makes me happy. Flying is a very real, freeing picture.

     And y'all, we WERE made to fly! To be at our fullest in Christ, to soar on eagles' wings, to be free!

     So next time you sing those words, remember, we just maybe were made to thrive, but we were definitely made to FLY!

     Don't accept you're singing the wrong lyrics as stubbornly as I do.

     "What if I fall?

     "Oh but my darling, what if you fly?" ~e.h.

~Madeline

Comments

You May Also Like...

Trays

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation

Sorting Bible Characters into Hogwarts Houses