Skip to main content

Little Eyes Look Up to You


     The little 3rd and 4th grade girls I used to have in my summer Bible study are no longer little. They're in 8th and 9th grade now, and most are taller than me. They've matured, and it's been a beautiful experience to watch them grow up.

     But even when you're a freshman, you have a lot to learn and a lot of life experience to undergo. I know I did. I know I still do, as a junior, and I always will be learning for the rest of my life.

     But now, as I love on them, they are observing me. My actions speak louder than my words to their sweet hearts. Their little eyes watch how I talk to boys and how I navigate difficult situations. They want to know how to be a faithful friend and how to be kind to their younger siblings. They watch me answer with tact and grace, and they watch me in my not-so-glorious moments too.

     These girls have become some of my dearest friends, but my two- to three-year jump on them gives me some perspective on their struggles.

    I see them looking to me, and I know how they feel. I look up to older girls too. I remind them that I don't know all the answers, but I know the One who does. More than anything, I want them to look to Jesus.

     So when they look to me as an example, I gently turn their faces to Him. "Look to Jesus," I say. "Depend on Him. People, yes, even I, will let you down, but He never will."

~Madeline

Comments

You May Also Like...

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation

Trays

Sorting Bible Characters into Hogwarts Houses