Skip to main content

Sorting Bible Characters into Hogwarts Houses



{If you ever wonder what I do with those random pockets of downtime or late-night muses, here's a sneak peak.}

     I sorted well-known Bible characters into Hogwarts houses after finishing Harry Potter for the first time.

     I've avoided talking about HP thus far because it can get really controversial really fast. But if you ever wondered, I have read them (as of 2016), and I enjoyed them. (As for the morality of them: just obey your parents, and you're golden.)

     I identify with the house of Ravenclaw and was officially sorted into it on Pottermore. So though I am partial, I had a lot of fun thinking through Bible characters (and let's be real, people I know in real life) and sorting them.



Ravenclaw (stereotype: wise)
Queen of Sheba
Solomon
Rachel
Moses
Samuel
Job
Isaiah
Daniel
John the Baptist
Zechariah
Timothy
Priscilla & Aquila
James

Gryffindor (stereotype: brave)
David
Abraham
Aaron
Joshua
Caleb
Rahab
Deborah
Ruth & Boaz
Jonathan
Esther
Jesus (even though I believe He fits in every house, just as He fits every personality type)
Peter
Mary
Paul
Mary Magdalene
John

Slytherin (stereotype: ambitious)
Adam & Eve
Cain
Sarah
Jacob
Rebekah
Leah
Joseph
Miriam
Gideon
Samson
Saul
Judas
Herod
(If Peter wasn't in Gryffindor, he could be in Slytherin...)

Hufflepuff (stereotype: gentle)
Noah
Abel
Isaac
Esau
Naomi
Jonah
Elizabeth
Joseph
Pilate
Lydia

     A quick note: If you are reading this thinking "sacrilege!" I think you're missing the whole point. Hogwarts houses have nothing inherently wrong about them. It's almost like "typing" the characters using Myers-Briggs. Bible characters had personalities, and I am using the little bit of what we see of them in the Bible to sort them into an appropriate group. Nothing sacrilegious at all.

     Do you agree with this sorting? Where would you put Peter? Jesus? Yourself? Let me know in the comments below.

~Madeline

Comments

  1. Did you put my namesake in slytherin?!? I feel like I should be offended, but I got Hufflepuff when I took the test on Pottermore, so I must be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No worries-- I think of you as Hufflepuff. You're safe!

      Delete
    2. Sweet! Yeah I agree on it though, the Jacob of the Bible definitely would go in slytehrin!

      Delete
  2. How is Pilate gentle? Or hard working? He, Ananias, and Caiphas ( not sure if I spelled that one right) would be Slytherins

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I cherish each and every comment and usually respond within a day or two. ~Madeline

You May Also Like...

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation

Trays

How Old Are You?