Skip to main content

What I Learned in September


 

1. I discovered how easy it is to make tissue paper flowers and how wonderfully accomplished I feel when I succeed my first try at them! I made a video tutorial for you. You're welcome! This was my favorite thing I did this month!


2. I reminded myself to think before I speak with a simple piece of art. "May my words to everyone and everything (slow cars, snagged shirts) be kind." It's my adaption of Psalm 19:14, one of my favorite Bible verses. Back to the basics: Do unto others as you would have them do to you.


3. I learned how to make a family tree on www.geni.com. It is so easy and free! They turn out wonderfully, and you can choose between a full family tree (with cousins, aunts, in-laws, step-kids, etc.) or one like above with your immediate family and ancestors. LOVED THIS!


4. I discovered that Lord of the Rings and minions can mix! I made this picture with a puzzled minion face to match the hobbits' reactions.

I am in love with this picture of Arwen!

5. I watched The Two Towers and Return of the King for the first time this month. They were amazing! I was so glad to see the rest of the story played out before my eyes. Of the three Lord of the Rings books/movies, The Fellowship of the Ring is my favorite. The other two are very dark, stressful, and sad at times. What are your evaluations of the series as a whole?

     That's all for now, folks! Stay tuned for a 31 Days series in October!

~Madeline

Comments

  1. Definitely love Fellowship the most. It spoke to me at the time I saw it on so many levels. I was living in China and saw it on a break in Thailand. I think I went back to see it three times. I understood how hard it was to take on a mission with so much struggle and pain involved like Frodo did. It resonated with me when he chose to go on despite the pain it was causing him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops--I didn't want to be anonymous. It's Carissa :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I cherish each and every comment and usually respond within a day or two. ~Madeline

You May Also Like...

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation

Trays

How Old Are You?