Skip to main content

What God Taught Me Over 14 Years


     I've always been a learner. I take every bit of information I can get and then seek out more.

     God's taught me a lot over 14 years. In answer to some questions from The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, I got this summary of things He's gently taught me.

     What God has taught me from failure:
  • His power is made perfect in my weakness.
  • Learn from mistakes.
  • God gives grace to the humble.
  • God has an ultimate plan.
     What God has taught me from lack of money:
  • How to be resourceful.
  • He always provides.
  • He is still working miracles.
  • How to live with less.
  • How blessed we truly are compared to others.
     What God has taught me from pain, sorrow, or depression:
  • He is in control.
  • He is always with me even if I don't feel like it.
  • He gives and takes away.
  • Time on earth is short.
     What God has taught me through waiting:
  • Be patient.
  • He may have something way better.
  • He rewards us in the end.
  • Perseverance builds character.
  • I should keep communicating with Him.
     What God has taught me through illness:
  • He has a reason for every illness, even and especially COLDS!
  • How to nurse and comfort others when they take ill.
  • Be patient!
  • He works miracles.
  • His design of the human immune system is incredible.
      What God has taught me from disappointment:
  • Rely on Him. He never disappoints.
  • He often has something better in mind.
  • Life is NOT all about me and what I want.
     What God has taught me through my family, my church, my relationships, my small group,  and my critics:
  • A LOT! (Here are the biggies:)
  • God has blessed me to be a blessing.
  • I'm learning to hold my tongue more than I speak.
  • Go to God first, and He will send the right encouragement my way.
  • Jesus, Others, You= JOY
  • Memorizing Scripture to say aloud in temptation or stress is powerful, and so is the name Jesus. Try it!
  • I've discovered my spiritual gifts and special abilities through others' encouragement.
     I know that is a lot to chew, but just grab one promise that speaks to you. Then I will have accomplished my goal!

~Madeline

Comments

You May Also Like...

Pride & Prejudice and Beauty and the Beast: 10 Wild Similarities You Never Noticed

How Old Are You?

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation