Skip to main content

Music


      Have you ever seen Pride & Prejudice? I love the BBC one, but at the moment, I'm actually talking about the Kiera Knightley version.

     You know how the camera pans in and around their house a few times, showing what their typical days look like? There's this lovely piano music in the background. (If you're reading in email, you will need to click over to the blog or click here to see the video.)


    I wish a soundtrack like that would play in the background of my life automatically, but it won't unless I make it happen.

     It's time to brush up on your fourth-grade level skills on the piano like I did (if they're second-grade level, that's ok too.) :) It's time to break out the dusty ukulele and learn to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb." It's time to turn on Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, the radio, or whatever you use for music.

     Music in the background when you're hosting is especially cozy. Just make sure it's not so loud that you can't hear your guests asking your what's for dinner!

     Action point: Turn on some music! You can jam out to Taylor Swift or perform a ballet to the Pride & Prejudice song above ~ whatever floats your boat!

~Madeline

This post is part of my 31 Ways to Cozy Up Your Space series.


Comments

You May Also Like...

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation

Trays

How Old Are You?