I call 2015 a successful year. So what if I didn't break EVERY bad habit or complete EVERY goal. It's about the becoming and the learning and the trying, not the perfection.
But, if you're like most of America, you have some sort of goal you're striving toward, even if you didn't make it on the first of the year. So here are my six ways to you complete your goals
1. Root goals in God's Word. Why do you want to do X? Is it to glorify God? Is it to make disciples for His kingdom? Is it so you can practice submitting your will to His? Everything successful and lasting will be somehow rooted in your relationship with Him.
2. Check up on your goals. Quarterly. Monthly. Weekly. Daily. Whatever it takes. Have regular points of checking up on yourself. You absolutely can keep yourself on track throughout the year.
3. Take a step towards it today. Every elephant is eaten one bite at a time--or something like that. :) Make some kind of progress today. Nike. Just do it.
4. Work it into your day. Not only should you start today, but you should work whatever it is into your daily routine. 10 minutes of reading before bed. 20 minutes of exercise before showering. 30 minutes to prepare and eat a healthy breakfast. Whatever it takes, be committed to making it a habit.
5. Get accountability. Tell people your goals and update them regularly. This works best with a good friend or family member who won't get annoyed. :) Even if they don't care about your goal, they will care about you and therefore, they'll listen. And they may even check in every now and then and help you stay on track.
6. Steel your will. You can do anything. I believe in you, so you should too. So plunge into the new year with faith in the Lord and determination that you can complete your goals. I know you can.
If you would like, share your goals in the comments. I'd love to hear what you'll be applying these tips to.