Guys. I have been blogging for four whole years!!! 4 blogging years converts to like 40 real-life years.
I've learned so much in my "four decades". I've taken time to find out what in the world HTML and SEO and all that other jibber-jabber is.
And I've learned life lessons too. I mean, blogging lessons. Yes, naturally. As you can see, I'm a pro and totally know what I'm doing.
(Hang in there, folks. I'm tired.)
40 Things I Learned in 4 Years of Blogging
- How to make graphics in PicMonkey
- Blogging is hard
- What HTML and SEO are (not that I am a pro with either)
- How to balance school/life and blogging
- How to make social media buttons
- How to post pictures from my phone so I don't have to email them to myself
- How to write in a time crunch
- How to make graphics that link to another page
- How to use and optimize MailChimp
- To never give up, even if no one comments
- To give the glory to God
- How to make adorable business cards
- How to arrange flowers
- How to spell lots of different words
- Why editors are important
- That my readers like books as much as I do
- How to start and run a Goodreads group to drive traffic to my blog
- Why I will never buy a domain name from GoDaddy again
- How to change all my social media profiles in under 10 minutes
- How to widget (is that even a verb?)
We interrupt this long list for a commercial break...sponsored by...oh wait...I don't make any money blogging...oh well...back to the list.
21. How to use affiliate links (even though I stopped using them)
22. How to put my hair in a crown braid and make a video about it
23. How to customize my YouTube thumbnails
24. Not to get discouraged when people unsubscribe
25. To write no matter if anyone reads it or not
26. To write about somewhat consistent themes :/
27. How to link-up
28. How much to charge others to be their virtual assistant
29. How to have Twitter automatically tweet my posts
30. How to connect with other bloggers
31. Why it's important to leave comments for others
32. How to write consistently
33. To never apologize for taking a break from blogging (no one will ever notice you were gone, and you look like you have nothing to say if you spend a whole post apologizing for never writing...just write!)
34. To listen to my heart and my head.
35. To publish imperfect material
36. Why I love to write
37. How to Write 31 Days in a row
38. Why I need to write up post ideas quickly (I forget otherwise)
39. Which posts are most popular
40. To write for the love of it!
There. Forty things I've learned in 4 years of blogging! And that was the super easy stuff that I could think of off the top of my head. There are so many more lessons and little things that keeping The Little Decorator has taught me.
She is my beauty, and I love her.
Today marks 4 years. You can read the very first TLD post here:
What a journey it has been already, with so many more years to come too! Thank you for reading and following along.