The best way to have a better reading life is to be nerdy about it on occasion.
How to be book nerdy? We've addressed some, but I have more for you today. This is basically a collection of my own "You know you're a book nerd when..." memes. :)
The signs of a book nerd?
- You take a book with you everywhere.
- You read instead of watching tv.
- You use books as a conversation starter.
- You relish the pleasure of your new books.
- You talk about books constantly.
- You consider reading your hobby.
- You act like you work at the library or bookstore as you tidy up the books.
- You dream of the day a stranger asks for your advice on what book to get.
- You smell old books.
- You whisper "I'll come back for you," to all the books you can't buy today.
- You lend your books to others.
- You take good care of your books.
- You take good care of others' books.
- You research authors.
- You read all the books your favorite author has ever written.
- You strain to see the books in every bookish photo.
- All your friends are readers.
- You stay up thinking of what is going to happen next in the book you're reading.
Challenge for today: Answer this question in the comments below: What book-nerdy things do you do?
This post is part of my 31 Days to a Better Reading Life series.