Skip to main content

Quaintrelle


     Sometimes I come across something on Pinterest that stops me in my tracks. This word is one of those things.
A quaintrelle is a woman who emphasizes a life of passion, expressed through personal style, leisurely pastimes, charm, and cultivation of life's pleasures.
     This word is the summation of all the beautiful things I love and the beautiful lifestyles of girls in books like Little Women and Anne of Green Gables that have stuck with me and shaped me. Quaintrelles embrace lives of beauty, passion, grace, truth, margin, simplicity, and rest. Sound familiar? That's my bio. And that's the kind of life I am living and want to live.


     Above all, quaintrelles are sophisticated. Their fashion tastes are both defined and refined. Their leisurely pastimes include reading, writing, baking, or whatever they enjoy most. They are full of charm and grace in their manner of walking, speaking, thinking, and being. They love to cultivate life's pleasures, meaning they love to focus on or work on the good things in life.

 
     Naturally, I cannot leave you with words and descriptions alone. We must have some visuals.
 
     Remember Adeline Bowman? She is a wonderful example of a quaintrelle. Jane Austen heroines? More great examples!
 
     Here are some of my Pinterest boards that best show the life of a quaintrelle.
 
Fashion

 
Home  
 
     Do you love quaintrelles? Here are some ways you can live like one.
 
  1. Get rid of the apathy in your life. Don't be lethargic or neutral about things. Find your passion and chase it. Don't mope around or be bored. Get up and do what you love. If you have an area of your life where you're being apathetic, either get energized about it or get rid of that area of your life.
  2. Develop your sophistication. Balance fashion sense with a knowledge of your favorite décor style. Find what your favorites are, and suddenly, people will recognize your Pins, your stamps, your stuff without knowing it's yours. Some of my trademarks are simply my favorite color yellow, my favorite animal the bunny, and my love of books.
  3. Indulge in pleasure and pastimes. Life isn't supposed to be all work (you know who you are). Have some fun! Find what you love and do those things that you enjoy.
     I know there's a lot of "finding" involved in each of those ways to be a quaintrelle. I think that a lot of what being a quaintrelle is really about is discovering yourself and living passionately in whatever you find. That is real sophistication! If there is any good time for discovering yourself, it's certainly the new year.
 
     I hope you're able to spend some of 2016 discovering yourself and living passionately.
 
     Ta ta for now, my quaintrelles!
 
~Madeline
 
     P.S. If you want more help discovering your style or what you love, I'd love to coach you. :) Comment below or email me.

Comments

You May Also Like...

Trays

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation

Sorting Bible Characters into Hogwarts Houses