Skip to main content

The Magic of a Thank You Note

     In this digital age (I know, I hate it when people call it that), it is so easy to lose sight of the little things that are so important. If I saw a mom search WebMD before kissing a boo-boo, I would be very sad.

     There are some things so timeless and beautiful that I have to write about them constantly on The Little Decorator--books, special parties, flowers, relationships, and cozy homes to name a few.

     One of the most magical of these, however, is the simple thank you note.


     We all know that saying thank you is very important (remember this post?), but it is also super important to follow that up with a thank you note. Thank you notes are not just for when you can't say thank you in person. They are for 99% of occasions where someone has done something for you or given you something.

     And when I say "you", I'm really preaching to myself.

     The magic of a thank you note is this: it keeps the giving going.

     If we are truly thankful, we can take five minutes and a postage stamp to express that to the other person and repay a little of their kindness. As a recipient of a genuine, thoughtful thank-you, I know that this makes the giver feel warm and fuzzy inside.

     Hand-written notes are a dying art. Let's shake them up and keep them from dying. I challenge you to write a note to someone today. And if they've done anything for you recently, even being a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear, thank them.

     You won't regret it.

~Madeline

Comments

You May Also Like...

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation

Trays

Sorting Bible Characters into Hogwarts Houses